copy yourself ?

Martin Drautzburg martin.drautzburg at web.de
Fri May 23 14:51:37 UTC 2003

"jan ziak" <ziakjan at host.sk> writes:

> hi. i would like to ask whether some squeaker has ever seen an object which
> is capable of copying itself. for example, i have a glass in front of me -
> certainly an object - but i have never seen any glass copying itself in front
> of me when i say "copy yourself" to it.

This usually does not work with the first glass :-)

Material things tend not to be ablec to copy themseleves without much
outside help, but material things are a small minority in the world
and the fact they cannot copy themselves is a big disadvantage.

I don't see why a Smalltalk object would be an inferior object
compared to a glass and Smalltalk objects can in fact copy themselves,
so yes - I have seen one.