is squeak really object oriented ?

jan ziak ziakjan at host.sk
Fri May 23 13:32:47 UTC 2003

On Fri, 23 May 2003 06:48:53 -0500, Chris Pettitt wrote
> Darnit, I started running this code yesterday and my Sqeuak VM hasn't
> responded since... How do I stop it?!
>
> jan _ AnnoyanceWithNoPoint new.
> [
>     jan annoyOthersAndDistractThemFromUsefulConversation:
> 'squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org'.
>     true.
> ] whileTrue.
>
> - Chris

if you are annoyed then take a shower and perhaps you will get a more fresh
look on some things you consider annoying now.

i think your piece of code is a paraphrase to the well known "main loop in
windows(R)" parody. but your code has not impressed me.

may i ask a question: why have you created the object you refer by
varriable "jan" to. am i not existent ? you do not have to create me. i am
here, at this place. i am like that numeric list in my example in the
beginning. like that list, i am irreproducible, unique. so the only way of to
use ME is to send messages to ME, not to some other object you have created.
that's not me, it can't be. i am not an instance of some AnnoyanceWithNoPoint.

i hope you better understand the idea behind the discussion i have started...