[ANN] Update streams for SqueakMap packages

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Sat May 24 22:35:05 UTC 2003

Ned Konz <ned at bike-nomad.com> wrote:
> On Saturday 24 May 2003 03:14 am, Andreas Raab wrote:
> > How is the download directory determined in general? It always
> > annoyed me that SM dumps all the stuff it gets into the image
> > directory
>
> It isn't determined by SM. Rather, the loader tool itself keeps a
> download directory. It probably should be in Preferences with a
> reasonable default (rather than the current directory).

I agree it was a bad design. In SM1.1 there will be a proper cache under
the "sm" directory so there will be no "download directory" to worry
about.

> > and I'm sure there's a way of getting from the card to
> > SqueakMap itself (don't have the code handy).
>
> SMSqueakMap default

Much better would be "map". :-) An instvar that is. Inherited from
SMObject. Otherwise code will not work if you have multiple maps in your
image (which works fine).

regards, Göran