Report on CVS Squeek..

Alan Grimes alangrimes at starpower.net
Sun May 25 05:47:40 UTC 2003

I got the CVS version of squeak, I even managed to get my dual athlon
onto the net and put the tree on that machine as well...

------ PROBLEMS ON SINGLE ATHLON:

For some reason blahblahblah/unix/config/make.prog.in (or a file with a
similar name) seems to have a problem where it doesn't have " $(X_LIBS)
" on the LDFLAGS line which eventually causes a linking error cuz it
can't find the libGL without it.

------ PROBLEMS ON THE DUAL ATHLON:

The dual athlon is an even wierder configuration than my messed up SuSE
installation... It has a very minimal Linux from scratch system on it
with no X and very little else. Its configuration, however, is
relatively clean...

1. For some bafeling reason, the makefile generated on the dual athlon
had "config.sh" in the target (which caused bizzare behavior when the
thing was run...) Removing this seemed to allow it to build normally...
(there may have been some mistaken update to the
blahblah/unix/config/make[something].in

2. Configure correctly disabled B3DAccelerator (because there is no X or
GL support of any kind at this time..) Even still, the build choked on a
header from this plugin... (cuz there is no gl.h anywhere in the
system...)

There may be other issues but I am extremely tired from debugging all of
this and can't remember much at this point...

--
Having never read a manual, it takes less effort to hack something
togeather with www.squeak.org than it does with C++ and five books.