Using ideas presented in papers

andrew cooke andrew at acooke.org
Sun May 25 19:55:44 UTC 2003

you don't need permission in general to do what someone says in a
paper, but it makes sense to contact the authors in case there are
additional restrictions (eg patents).  you also shouldn't cut+paste
code.  i would expect most people to be pleased to hear from someone
who wants to use their ideas.

ianal

andrew

--