Where would you put the return?

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Sun May 25 20:02:22 UTC 2003

> > Sure.  But I was thinking the real advantage of my scheme above was not
> > the potential added speed-up but the added structure to the program.
> > The compiler would catch misuses of selectors.
How can you guarantee it is a misue? There is no reason one shouldn't
use the same selector name for different purposes, some returning a
value and some not. It all depends on how your code reads and what you
want to mean by it. I really don't think you can attach this sort of
meaning to a selector.

tim
State-of-the-art: What we could do with enough money.