[ENH] XML namespace handling

Simon Dobson simon.dobson at computer.org
Mon May 26 11:20:40 UTC 2003

Hi,

Browsing through the XML parser code in the standard image, it doesn't
seem to support XML namespaces -- although all the hooks are there in
the top-level method signatures. I've done a small change set to add
minimal namespace handling:

   * breaks-out the namespace prefix and local name
   * keeps track of namespace declarations, including weird ones
     that re-use the same prefix
   * expands defaults (tags without decorations inside
     decorated elements)

I needed "real" namespaces to sanely handle some RDF work. This is my
first contribution to Squeak, so apologies if I've got things wrong :-)

Cheers,

--
-- Simon
--

\  Dr Simon Dobson            \  Reality's a dream, a game  \
 \  simon.dobson at computer.org  \  in which I see to never    \