fonts.

Felix Franz fefr at gmx.net
Tue May 27 09:27:12 UTC 2003

Hi Shalabh,

Shalabh Raizada wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried to embed some truetype fonts using this command:
>
> TTFontReader installTTF: aPathAndFileNameOfaTTFfile asTextStyle:
> #FontName sizes: #(12 14 16 18 20 24)
>
> The output is very bad.

This command converts the vector-based TrueType-fonts into bitmap-fonts.
Yes, they don't look good.

> How can i install a truetype font package which i downloaded from
> squeakmap??

I guess you downloaded TrueTypeTextStyle with the PackageLoader. (If you
   used the install menu item in the Package Loader you can skip the
file-in step). Open a FileList (world-menu "open..>File List). In the
top right-pane you see the files in your squeak-directory. Choose the
TrueTypeTextStyle5.cs item and press the "install"-button.

Now you are able to import TrueType fonts. Simply navigate to the
directory containing the .ttf-files, select a .ttf file and choose
"install TTF-file" (I am not sure if the wording is correct, but the
button is above the directory listing). Now you should be able to enjoy
high quality TrueType fonts ...

Hope this helps,

felix