[What I Want To Do] (was: [VERY DEEP QUESTIONS] for me)

Enrico Bertini enrico_bertini at yahoo.it
Tue May 27 12:40:48 UTC 2003

First of all, thanks for all your comments.

The project that I (and others) want to do is E-Alterego.

An exhausting description of the project is on http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/3200.

In order to realize the E-Alterego project I'm organizing a network of venture capitalists all over the world (mainly Europe and U.S.A.).

The plan previews the completion of the project in about 3 years: all the software must be completed and tested by a team of 25-30 persons in a maximum time of 24-30 months.

The total financial resources estimated to complete the project amount to approximately $25-30 million (distributed on 3 years).

As core development software platform, the idea is to use the better Smalltalk environment today in circulation, but with some architectural re-designs and enhancements, mostly regarding Formalisms, Active Protocols, Bytecodes, Packages, Concurrent Developing, Concurrent Multiprocessing, Distribution, Persistency, Security and OS-Behavior Aspects.

Squeak is an excellent candidate, mainly for the following reasons:

-         E-Alterego project needs to produce very low-level software;

-         the project needs to construct extremely advanced systems and development environments;

-         the project could be partially supported by an open software community, therefore contributing to the growth of the community itself;

-         the Squeak license is not a problem;

-         in Squeak there are a lot of very brilliant ideas;

-         in the Squeak Community there are a lot of very brilliant people.

Regards,

Enrico Bertini