Squeek on evil black computer.

Alan Grimes alangrimes at starpower.net
Wed May 28 04:25:55 UTC 2003

om,

This is an update on my attempt to get squeek running on a minimal
linux...

1. The current CVS source has a line in SqUnixGL.h (or something
similar) which has the effect of killing the compile should the GL
header be missing. Since I think squeak _SHOULD_ work on non-gl unix
systems, I took the appropriate lines out. -- this allowed the compile
to complete...

2. at the linking step there were numerous undefined symbols reported...
I tracked a few of these to the fact that it wasn't building the main
unix plugin cuz X wasn't available.. (this was in an acinclude.m4 file
in the unix plugin...)

I simply do not know enough about the plugin architecture to know what
is not being compiled or what needs to be rewritten...

--
Having never read a manual, it takes less effort to hack something
togeather with www.squeak.org than it does with C++ and five books.