Image is displayed on startup

Richard A. O'Keefe ok at cs.otago.ac.nz
Wed May 28 03:36:09 UTC 2003

	Which VM are you using?

The one that came with the Macintosh version of Squeak 3.5.

	which version of os-9

Dunno; the technicians have the machine again.

	and what are the memory settings of the squeak VM?.

Absolutely unmodified from the distribution.

	Are you using Open/GL in Squeak?

How should I know?  This happens with the distribution image.

	Anyway to determine which Squeak VM it thought it
	launched based on the image?

The machine has 2.7 and 2.8; 3.5 was installed today.
However, my experience under MacOS 8.6 has been that whenever
I install a new version of Squeak, old images start running
with the new VM (not the other way around).  Why would 9.x be different?

	Maybe your image memory requirements are too large as compared
	to what the squeak vm is set to?

(a) Then why doesn't it say so?
(b) It runs fine when I start the VM instead of the image.