What is your all time Apple system favorite ? [Re: Image is displayed on startup]

Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Wed May 28 08:31:22 UTC 2003

On 28/05/03 00:03, "John M McIntosh" <johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com>
wrote:

> Somehow the better stability made it worthwhile for me. If you are
> twitchy about os-9, then
> I'd expect you'll greatly dislike os-x.

I dislike it too much and if hardware barriers do not avoid me , I  pick 8.1
over all Apple OS.
But so is progress.

Richard, I have a iBook G3 366 with 192 Mb and virtual memory on.
System is 9.1 with so many third party extensions what you could name it
9.1Ed.
I don't have any problem with Squeak 3.4.0 beta 2 VM from John in any image,
(3.4 3.5 3.6a) , stock or heavily modified .
I give Vm 40Mb with Get Info.

If you wish use only Squeak, you could put an alias to working image in
Startup items in System Folder and start up right in Squeak, choose Escape
Browser and you have a very poor DynaBook.

I remember something to modify system, replacing Finder with you application
in boot blocks, but you need Resedit / Norton black art skills.

Cheers.

Edgar