copy yourself ?

Sean Charles bibbers at onetel.net.uk
Wed May 28 20:59:55 UTC 2003

> i think you will agree that a wooden door is not a computation object.

Unless the hole it fills is an abstract problem: "what can be used to
cover me up". Abstract yes, but nonetheless a problem of sorts. David
Deutsch reckons 'we' are nothing more then a solution to the problem of
our environment if I understand him correctly. Can't remember the book but
I do remember getting the trots in Gozo and the book was a good read for
three days between the room and karzi. Shit happens. And not always when
you are on the karzi.

> if i write write a letter to somebody on paper with ink, i will have no
> success to push it through closed door...
I would use the letter box myself. A purpose built opening in the door,
call it a mail interface if you like, specifically designed to allow
letters to be pushed through closed doors avoiding personal injury.

> ... so what is your objection against believing in seeing true objects on
> computer screen. (of course, i do not say that all objects should be
> considered as real objects)
Are objects on a computer screen *true*, in what sense are they true? True
simulations?

> i think you have misused human language and concentrated on the word
> "longer"
And you haven't misused human language in these posts at all then?

> in the above sentence. that longitude forms something like a connection
> between the breathing and the typing in your sentence. the result: a
> complete
> nonsense.
To be honest and fair jan, IMVHFO, your entire series of posts is becoming
a nonsense, indeed a PITA. I get the feeling you are in fact a Squeak
based Turing Test simulation and we have to guess if you are an
intelligent human being or not.

I think that only the qualified philosophers amongst us should continue
this debate as the level of pseudo-babble and BS is sapping the network, I
can hear it groaning under the weight of all of those multiple posts you
keep sending out. Personally, and seconding Colin, I am no longer going to
post on this topic. If I don't read your post's then you don't exist... ;-
)

Have a nice.....whatever.

Sean.