is squeak really object oriented ?

jan ziak ziakjan at host.sk
Thu May 29 07:18:20 UTC 2003

On Wed, 28 May 2003 15:13:05 -0700, ANDRES VALLOND wrote

i think you are wrong ... they will suffice

real numbers, integers, rational, etc are denoted by signs, aren't they ? i
can encode those signs into another notation (for example into the dotty
notation. for example, we have only signs "0" and "1" in a computer and can
form sequences of those signs - but this is sufficient to express any number
you can think of.

note: infinity (oo) is also a symbol. it is the way how we use this symbol
and not the symbol itself which makes infinity.