'Real' zooming&panning

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Sat Nov 1 19:38:46 UTC 2003

Hi Daniel,

> This is why I use Python libs for various graphics. Morphics
> internal graphics architecture is a rats nest of conflicting
> code, and half the translation/rotation features are broken
> in various ways.

Do you have any examples for this? (I've been checking the archives but I
couldn't immediately find anything)

> Everyone talks about fixing it, but no one ever does.
> It really makes doing any non-trivial graphics programming
> in Squeak a pain.

Again, do you have an example for what you tried and where you failed?

> Everyone is too busy building the next cool one-off project,
> and no one is cleaning up or maintaining the morphic infrastructure.
> Nevermind the fun I had trying to get sound to work under Linux.
>
> With Python, everything I've wanted to do works.

Good for you. But I'd still be interested in finding out what exactly you
did want to do and what didn't work (and more importantly why it didn't
work).

Cheers,
  - Andreas