'Real' zooming&panning

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Sat Nov 1 21:44:04 UTC 2003

On Saturday 01 November 2003 1:22 pm, Andreas Raab wrote:
> > One thing you can try that is broken in 3.6 is to open a WiW
> > view ("Enter Active" on a ProjectViewMorph) and notice that the
> > mouse down events open menus in the wrong place.
>
> Oh, I thought that Daniel was talking about drawing not "general" morphic
> behavior.

I wasn't quite sure what the problem was; perhaps he'll share that with us.

> > It's a mixed experience: if I "Enter Active" the "Worlds of
> > Squeak" project in a 3.6-Full image, I see that:
> >
> > * the ProjectViewMorphs highlight themselves at the right position
> > * but their balloon help appears in the wrong place
> > * the World menu comes up at the wrong place, both from the
> > mouse and the Escape key
> > * I can grab morphs OK
> > * but the frame shown when grabbing morphs is offset
> >
> > etc.
>
> Smells a lot like confusion between either local/global coordinates and/or
> a context confusion (e.g., "what is the world"). Can't say for sure without
> looking closer at it.

It's both, as far as I can tell. It looks like at some point the events
started getting consistently translated into the local world's coordinate
system (which is what makes sense, of course), and there was code that
assumed that they weren't.

I fixed a few of them, but there are still more. And anything that refers to
either Sensor, World, or Display is suspect.

Anyone want to chase down some more?

The attached change set is a start.
--
Ned Konz