Harvesting Process is not working

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Sun Nov 2 22:26:22 UTC 2003

On Nov 2, 2003, at 2:08 PM, Adam Spitz wrote:

> I think that the answer to his question, though, is that the way it
> *should* work is that when someone submits a changeset affecting
> the Wobulator package, the owners (stewards?) of the Wobulator
> package should be the ones responsible for reviewing it - because
> those are the people who have the authority to get it into the
> official Wobulator distribution. I haven't reviewed any
> non-Celeste-related changesets in a long time, but I try to catch
> all the Celeste-related ones.

I absolutely agree with this.  Marcus asks what has happened between
3.2 and 3.6.   The answer is that we have come a long way (not, by all
means, all the way) towards breaking the image into separately
maintainable packages, which will eventually allow an effective
distribution of the reviewing and harvesting tasks.  IMO, that's the
only way harvesting is going to work - with changesets submitted by
everyone, but reviewed and incorporated by package maintainers.