Squeak Projects

Dan Ingalls Dan at SqueakLand.org
Sun Nov 2 22:47:17 UTC 2003

Folks -

I'm working on a couple of things that I thought might be worth putting in a "Projects" page of the Squeak Swiki.  However when I go to the Projects page, or even the "All Projects" page, both have been annotated as being obsolete, with references to SqueakMap.

It seems to me that there is still a role for Swiki coverage of community projects.  I feel this is important for continuity when a surfer comes across Squeak for the first time.  It also seems appropriate for projects that may be hardware-related, or designs that do not currently have any code.  Lastly, the Swiki makes it really easy to do shared updating of news and pictures and such for evolving projects.

Is it the current feeling that all these three aspects are handled better in SqueakMap?  If so, then should we decommission the Swiki?  If not, then would it be appropriate to freshen up the projects pages and their visibility from the Swiki top page?

I'm willing to do some of the work, but I thought i should ask here first.

TIA
	- Dan