Harvesting Process is not working

Peter van Rooijen peter at vanrooijen.com
Mon Nov 3 11:12:40 UTC 2003

From: "ducasse" <ducasse at iam.unibe.ch>
> Hi peter

Hello Stephane,

> I think that you have to understand that in a community there is a
> question of trust and commitment. and both of them cannot be declared
> but the result of actions. So if you want to participate review
> the changesets proposed.

Do you mean to say that I should just take any change set for a fix, assess
it, and comment on it to the list?

> Your change is on my stack I read it but I was so confused by the
> discussion that I could not get an idea myself.

How might I help with that? I had figured that my fix, containing only minor
changes to three methods, with comments, was easy to assess. It seems I was
wrong.

It would not be difficult to add another change set to the submission with
tests that fail without the fix and pass when the fix is installed. Then all
that is needed is assessment of correctness of the assertions and the
observation that there is no regression on the other image tests.

Does that make sense? Would that help? Should I do that?

Cheers,

Peter