[BUG]UndefinedObject(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #contents

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Mon Nov 3 14:07:47 UTC 2003

"Peter van Rooijen" <squeak at vanrooijen.com> wrote:
> From: <goran.krampe at bluefish.se>
> > squeak at vanrooijen.com wrote:
> > > Clean image. Loaded BFAV from SqueakMap. Asked it to start loading.
> > > Response: already loading. Wait a few minutes. DNU as below.
> >
> > I think this is the fix for that:
> >
> > http://swiki.gsug.org:8080/sqfixes/4947.html
>
> Thanks Goran. What do I do now?

Download it, open a file list, select the file, press install in the
filelist.

> > I assume Brent didn't get it in,
>
> Brent Vukmer? The author/maintainer of the BFAV? You mean that you think he
> did not incorporate it?

Right, I think he may have missed it or something, not entirely sure.

> I don't understand. Squeak 3.6 was released early October, the fix is from
> October 15. How could Brent have gotten it in?

BFAV is a package on SM - it is not in the base image. So Brent has full
control over the release cycles of BFAV.

> > seems to work for me.
>
> Ehhh, you have a newer distribution that _does_ incorporate the fix?

Nope, I just tested with 5501 and got the same error you got. But I had
a vague recollection of the discussion on this and found the fix from
Ned. And I installed it and tried again.

> Should I be using that too? I'm trying to use the BFAV to help get rid of
> the fixes backlog.

Good. :) Yes, install the fix.

> While I have your attention, I have a question about the BFAV, too. There
> seem to be loads of items in the Bug Fixes Archive Viewer that don't claim
> to be bug fixes, don't even claim to report a bug. What are they doing in
> the BFAV?

BFAV sucks up a lot of stuff, like for example all the ENHs too. So yes,
it holds more than just FIXes.

> Regards,
>
> Peter

regards, Göran