Using the BFAV

Peter van Rooijen squeak at vanrooijen.com
Mon Nov 3 14:27:21 UTC 2003

Folks,

Okay, so I'm using the BFAV and figuring out how to help get rid of the
changes backlog.

The BFAV apparently manages a lot more things than just bug fixes. That's
okay, but it seems to me that bugs are the things that ask most strongly for
changes in the distribution image, and it seems most useful to devote my
attention to getting rid of pending bug fixes before looking at anything
else.

So, in the BFAV I set "*[FIX]*" as the pattern to filter the topics by
subject line, and sure enough, I get a list of about 15 topics which all
have [FIX] in the subject line.

I go to the oldest item, it is called "[FIX] CollectionFixes". I click on
it, and read