[BUG]UndefinedObject(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #contents

Peter van Rooijen peter at vanrooijen.com
Mon Nov 3 14:56:15 UTC 2003

From: <goran.krampe at bluefish.se>
> "Peter van Rooijen" <squeak at vanrooijen.com> wrote:
> > > http://swiki.gsug.org:8080/sqfixes/4947.html
> >
> > Thanks Goran. What do I do now?
>
> Download it, open a file list, select the file, press install in the
> filelist.

Okay, will do.

> > > I assume Brent didn't get it in,
> >
> > Brent Vukmer? The author/maintainer of the BFAV? You mean that you think
he
> > did not incorporate it?
>
> Right, I think he may have missed it or something, not entirely sure.
>
> > I don't understand. Squeak 3.6 was released early October, the fix is
from
> > October 15. How could Brent have gotten it in?
>
> BFAV is a package on SM - it is not in the base image. So Brent has full
> control over the release cycles of BFAV.

I understand now. Apparently the bug was not in the image, but in the BFAV,
and I had just loaded the bug into my image from SM.

I had no idea the bug was in the BFAV code. How did you know that it was?
The test behind the link to the fix that you posted (above) doesn't specify
that it was BFAV code that had the bug (i.e., that the bug was not in the
image).

> > While I have your attention, I have a question about the BFAV, too.
There
> > seem to be loads of items in the Bug Fixes Archive Viewer that don't
claim
> > to be bug fixes, don't even claim to report a bug. What are they doing
in
> > the BFAV?
>
> BFAV sucks up a lot of stuff, like for example all the ENHs too. So yes,
> it holds more than just FIXes.

Why aren't ENHs on SqueakMap? What do they have to do with bugs?

Ahhh, maybe the BFAV really isn't for bugs and fixes, even though the name
suggests it. Maybe it is really the place for everything that someone would
like to see changed in the base image? Maybe it is really the Base Image
Submissions Tracker???

Thanks for you guidance, and thanks for your patience.

Regards,

Peter