Harvesting Process is not working

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Tue Nov 4 09:31:38 UTC 2003

Joel Shellman <joel at ikestrel.com> wrote:
[SNIP of some good points]
> So... is there anyone who would be willing to make an appointment for an
> online chat of a little time to walk a harvester wannabe through the
> process? I'm talking instant messaging chat, IRC, or something like that.

If you drop by on the squeak channel (irc.freenode.net:6667/#squeak)
then you will very probably find someone who can help with this - the
BFAVers hang out there and many others with good knowledge of lots of
stuff.

> This sort of mentoring process would be valuable, and it would of course
> behoove those who have received help to give it, thus perpetuating the
> cycle and expanding the pool of "trained" harvesters.

We have actually been talking about setting up "Learn-BFAV-day" or
something with more people doing it in parallell using that channel for
support. So, this is a great opportunity for you or Peter to actually
lend a hand - drop in on #squeak and perhaps you can help organize such
a "BFAV party"!

Seriously - we all need to dig in here. I have my time fully booked with
getting SM2 out the door, trying to keep up with the discussions and
also trying to find solutions to the problems at hand (yes, I have a few
ideas that I will bring forward soon).

regards, Göran

PS. And even if BFAV+the harvesting process has problems and we are
thinking about solving those long term, it does work somewhat and it is
currently what we have. So we need to make the best of it until we can
get other solutions in place.