Harvesting Process is not working

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Tue Nov 4 09:40:28 UTC 2003

cg at tric.nl wrote:
> Stephen Pair  <squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org> said:
> >Well, it seems like you want some sort of starting point that can take
> >to any and all information in the world.  How about:  http://www.google.com
> >
> With all respect, Stephen, pointing to Google when someone complains
> about usability to newbies (Squeak newbies, mind you - Peter isn't
> exactly a Smalltalk newbie) is not going to help.

I think Stephen meant that the information here (how to open the World
menu) is available - but all information on how to use Squeak isn't
linearly arranged. You simply need to learn by searching and picking up
tutorials, books, postings here and there. Of course we can make things
better - but lets do that in a little bit nicer atmosphere.

> Squeak's usability just sucks in a lot of places, and the only way to
> make it better is to patiently listen to complaints and criticism and,
> little by little, fix it.

I think we all agree on this.

> (note2: I don't find Peter in this thread as annoying as he can be ;-))

Well, I know that Peter and I got off a bit "wrongly" from the start. I
will try to read his style in a different way. And I do try to answer
his questions. Then he can try to be less confrontative. Not only I
react, I saw that Brent also reacted to his tone.

regards, Göran

PS. I can't hide that I am still angry with the way he deliberately
edited me out of context though, he knows what I mean.