store squeak projects in database

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Tue Nov 4 09:46:54 UTC 2003

=?gb2312?q?ye=20juan?= <yejuan_1204 at yahoo.com.cn> wrote:
>    I have completed some projects in Squeak already.
> Now I want to store them in Database to manage them
> conviniently, which is similar to projects on
> internet.

Not sure what you want to do. Do you want to make the projects available
on a website?

>    I want to store some projects into database. Please
> tell me:
> (1) in what format I store them;

Projects are easily saved in .pr files (these files are simply
ImageSegments). This is a binary file format.

> (2) what type of database I should choose;

Well, I still don't know why you want a database to store files.

> (3) how I index for them.
>    How can they be stored? They are only linked
> or stored in DB,aren't they?

Projects are just simple files. You can put them on an ftp server, on a
web server, wherever you can put a file. There is a special version of
Swiki called a SuperSwiki that you may want to look at - I don't know
the details, but I think you should find info about it on the Squeak
Swiki.

>    Wait for your help! Thanks.
>                       Lulu

Sorry if my help was of no use. :)