([update - xxxx]) messages will be sent to squeak-harvest list from now on

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Tue Nov 4 16:53:12 UTC 2003

The new squeak-harvest list is now up and running!

This is intended to be a list which archives the more mundane/automated
harvesting-related traffic, such as [closed] and [update - xxxx]
messages.  This list is tracked by http://swiki.gsug.org:8080/SQFIXES/
in addition to squeak-dev, so that the BugFixArchiveViewer (BFAV) can
read these posts without having them clutter the squeak-dev list.  You
should not need to subscribe to the list in order to post to it via the
BFAV.  You should not use this list for discussions... it's only
intended to be used by harvesting tools.

The upcoming version of the BFAV tool will post [closed] etc. messages
to the squeak-harvest list, I believe.  Also, I'm going to update my
UpdateIncorporationTool to post the [update - xxxx] messages to
squeak-harvest.  (I'll still post my usual [UPDATES] summary to
squeak-dev, so you'll still know when new updates arrive.)

New [FIX]es and [ENH]ancements should still be posted to squeak-dev, so
that everyone can see them and give feedback here.

So basically, you don't need to do anything different as far as posting
bugs/fixes/enhancements goes.  It's just the harvesting-related tools
that are changing to post to the new list.  (I guess one open issue is
whether [er] and [approved] messages should go to squeak-dev or
squeak-harvest.)

There is an archive for the squeak-harvest list at:

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-harvest/

Thanks to Cees, Bert, Brent & Ken Causey for getting this running.
Hopefully I haven't left anything out.

- Doug