Registries

Adam Spitz adspitz at yahoo.ca
Tue Nov 4 19:18:21 UTC 2003

Avi Bryant wrote:

> I like it, especially the way you've separated the concerns of
> registration, annotation, and caching (IIUC, you could load this
> package either alone, or just with MethodAnnotations, or with
> both MethodAnnotations and SystemChangeNotifications, and it
> would work in all cases, right?).

Yes.

In practice, though, I'd like to see some form of MethodAnnotations get
into the base system anyway.

> I'm not sure about the use of arrays to represent everything,
> however - shouldn't we be registering something a little more
> structured, as the FileList does?

Seems to me that's up to each individual registry. You're right, though.
The #flapQuadsToRegister methods should probably be returning
collections of FlapPrototype objects or something, and the
#openMenuCommandsToRegister methods should probably be returning
collections of MenuItems.

Or have I misunderstood your objection?

Adam