Harvesting Process is not working

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Wed Nov 5 15:25:39 UTC 2003

Stephen Pair <stephen at pairhome.net> wrote:
> Agreed.  We should make it a goal to enhance the visual first impression
> with each release.  To accomplish that, might it be necessary to start
> distributing a "kitchen sink" image with nearly everything on SqueakMap
> included?  The individual package maintainers can design what the first
> impression of their package should be.

We could always have a competition leading up to each release.  :)  Best
intro desktop wins!  If only one person submits, that's fine.  If no one
submits, then we keep the old one.

I have no idea who gets to vote or how to count the votes.  But it
should be fun.

As a side effect, more people would actually get experience *authoring*
in Squeak.  Squeak needs more of this experience so we can figure out
how to tune the tools.  Squeak is supposed to be a general authoring
environment, not just a coding environment.

-Lex