[ENH] sandboxCategory-ls ( [et][er][cd][sm] )

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Wed Nov 5 15:05:11 UTC 2003

"Richard A. O'Keefe" <ok at cs.otago.ac.nz> wrote:
> I'm already quite fed up with the amazing number of methods in
> the 'as yet unclassified' category; I'm not looking forward to
> a matching number of classes in a similar class category.

Heheh, yes indeed.  It seems like the same thing.  But do you really
want to disallow 'as yet unclassified' methods?  I wouldn't like that,
myself.  And I like having a class and category around to muck in.
While these things should be cleaned up eventually, that doesn't mean we
should disallow them initially.  A better fix, IMHO, would be to add a
file-out nagger for it.

Actually, I've been thinking that there should be more of these
auto-classes and auto-categories.  Specifically, shouldn't each project
get its own category?  And why not stick a class in there as well.  It
gets complicated when someone renames a project, though....

-Lex