swiki, commanche , 3.6, network rewrite, oh my

ar ly4aegw02 at sneakemail.com
Thu Nov 6 01:46:54 UTC 2003

I am running 3.6gamma. For my swiki needs I am running a separate
standalone ComSwiki (Comanche 5.0/Swiki 1.3). Now I need to bring swiki
into my 3.6 development environment where I have also installed and am
using KomHttpServer. I would like to be able to run a swiki side by side
with my kom-using application in one image.

Is this a big deal? What should I be thinking about here? Things I think I
should be thinking about:

-what are the ramifications of the network rewrite on the swiki package
-is the swiki 1.3SMr1 on SqueakMap going to work in 3.6 since it doesnt
say it does?
- swiki says it wants to install Comanche. What is the relationship
betweeen Kom and Comanche? Will they coexist? I dont know the lore of
Comanche , I'm guessing one is some kind of fork of the other (and even
" Comanche for 3.6" version 4 is a temp fork of Comanche, apparently).
- should I move up to 3.7 before trying all this?

Anyway right after posting this I'm going to back everything up and then
probably make a big mess trying to get it all working together. So any
guidance would be appreciated.