[KCP] Event notification call for feedback

Roel Wuyts Roel.Wuyts at ulb.ac.be
Thu Nov 6 07:34:58 UTC 2003

I can have a look again. For example, I can easily keep the
compiledMethod instance around after a removal, but for a class this
would have to be an obsolete one, I guess, or its name. Because I was
not sure that I could keep the actual item for everybody, I uniformly
decided to keep the name in case of a removal. Of course, using the
actual item would be preferred (because then the system overall is
uniform).

On Wednesday, Nov 5, 2003, at 19:44 Europe/Zurich, Avi Bryant wrote:

> On Nov 5, 2003, at 1:59 AM, Roel Wuyts wrote:
>>
>> Dito for all other kinds of notifications, except for removals. For
>> removals it is different since the element was removed. Although I
>> could keep them around, I preferred to just give the name of the
>> element that was just removed instead.
>
> I would definitely like to be able to access the element that was
> removed, if that's easy to do.  Otherwise many clients of these
> notifications will have to keep around their own element caches so
> that they can figure out what needs to be done with a removal.

Roel Wuyts
   DeComp
roel.wuyts at ulb.ac.be                               Université Libre de
Bruxelles