About reflection and it engineering

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Thu Nov 6 08:24:26 UTC 2003

On Nov 6, 2003, at 12:16 AM, ducasse wrote:

> Nathanael was planning to throw away SystemOrganization and write a
> new one for traits so there is an opportunity there. The problems is
> that we cannot invent the problem with file based system if we do not
> have to do it. So we will see what will happen and if the new
> SystemOrganization is capable or not of that and how other can adapt
> it to their needs.

I would guess the important things would be:

- make SystemOrganization a well defined interface, and build in the
assumption that there may be multiple implementations
- don't assume that any of these implementations are hanging onto real
class objects or CompiledMethods

As long as you kept to that, I doubt we would run into too many
problems.

Avi