Harvesting Process is not working

Karl Ramberg karl.ramberg at chello.se
Thu Nov 6 15:13:38 UTC 2003

Trygve Reenskaug wrote:

> Karl,
>
> Hmmm. Two questions:
>          How to pick up when I enter and leave a project
>          How to write a script and make it execute.
> ----
>
> I have made a large cursor and made it visible by running a loop in one of
> my morphs ( step, stepTime, etc. ) I get a big cursor, but the cursor
> disappears completely when I go up to previvious project.
>
> May be I have to pick up when I enter and leave a project. By hard code
> (simple, if I knew where), or by scripting (unknown territory)
The problem that the cursor disapears is that it has to be a instance of it
in each project. Projects don't share morphs usually,
exept some flaps and the hand.
You could initialize the morph you created on entering a project,
probably here:
Project>>enter:revert:saveForRevert: (very big method!)

> I tried making may first script as you suggest:
>          I opened the form as a morph:
>                  (Cursor normal copy magnifyBy: 4) asMorph openInWorld
>          I pressed blue halo ("Open a viewer for me")
>          In the viewer, I found a menu command "add a new script"
>          In the script, I found a command to make it textual
>          I then wrote code'Transcript cr; show: 'Hello'. accepted it.
>          But nothing came in the Transcript -- It doesn't execute.
On the top of the script there is a dim clockface and a button with the
string 'normal'.
Clicking on the clockface will make the script tick (step). Clicking on
the 'normal'
button will pop up a menu with different options when the script will run.
Also note that turning on ballon help in the preferences will give you
some help with scripting.
Karl