AnnotatedMethodPuller

Adam Spitz adspitz at yahoo.ca
Fri Nov 7 02:30:13 UTC 2003

The Registry class I just submitted to the list is a dead-simple version
that doesn't do any pulling, doesn't depend on MethodAnnotations or
SystemChangeNotification, but leaves the door open for those things. (I
actually like this version better than the earlier one, just because
it's more modular.) I've put an AnnotatedMethodPuller package up on
SqueakMap that can be added to a registry as an item source (after
you've got MethodAnnotations and optionally SystemChangeNotification
installed) to make it do the cool pulling stuff.

I still think we're going to want some kind of declarative way (and
maybe MethodAnnotations aren't it) to specify menu items and flap
entries and things like that. But for now, just for the purpose of
getting, say, Flaps out of the image, this version of Registry is
sufficient, because it lets people register flap entries without
explicitly talking to the Flaps class.

Adam

P.S. Andreas, I put your MethodAnnotations code up on SM too. Do you
want the password, or do you want someone else (me, I suppose) to
maintain it?