[REPORT][TFNR]Task Force: November Revolution

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Fri Nov 7 09:13:51 UTC 2003

Howdy all!

This is the first followup regarding my "Rocking the boat"-posting. I
want all to be in the loop during this thing - even though the Task
Force will be doing most of the grunt work - we are all in this
together. :)

(Will be posting these reports regularly, also just introduced the
[TFNR] tag - please us it to make things STAND OUT.)

The response has been overwhelmingly positive! Great!

If anyone wonders about the name here (TFNR - Task Force November
Revolution) it just "happened" when I was trying to come up with a name
for the Swiki page. ;)

So no, it is not a violent revolution going on - but when you think
about it this is in fact some kind of "revolution" at least - we are in
fact going to distribute power and responsibilities which will change
the landscape of the community. But don't worry so much, this is FUN!
:-)

Practicalities:

1. We communicate on this list (no new list for this) and on the IRC
channel.
2. There is a Swiki page where results and notes will be kept:
     http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/661

That's it, keep it light.

Status now:

- The Task Force is almost fully formed. We are as of this moment:

    * Göran Krampe
    * Stephen Pair
    * Adam Spitz
    * Giovanni Giorgi
    * Brian Brown
    * Marcus Denker
    * Ned Konz

Yes, I know I wrote 3-4 people but it was mostly because I thought it
would be hard to get people to volunteer. :) The size of the force isn't
that crucial. Anyway, this looks really good - both some old timers and
some newer people - the mix is good!

- Brainstorming has been going on in the Squeak IRC channel.

Yes, various ideas have been tossed around and some sketches have been
made. Note that I am very careful to not start the actual work until the
force is assembled in full - this is important so that everybody knows
what is going on and how we got there.

Well, that is about it for now. There may be one or two more members
joining up before monday - otherwise we will simply be brainstorming
until then. I personally will not be available much during the weekend -
have stuff to do in the yard at home (building a garage).

regards, Göran