swiki, commanche , 3.6, network rewrite, oh my

Cees de Groot cg at tric.nl
Fri Nov 7 14:33:29 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-11-07 at 15:21, Stephen Pair wrote:
> What sort of persistence model are you using with Gardner?

In-memory with snapshotting, a weekly 'save as new version', and a daily
export of all Wiki's as external image segments.

> But, what I'd really like is something that doesn't keep the entire
> content in memory (or even better has a caching strategy) and used some
> sort of disk based storage (ie. database or file system).  What does
> Gardner do in this regard?

Well, Gardner does nothing. The author of Gardner remembered the adagium
'You Aint Gonna Need It' and decided to stick with what I described
above :-)

But, Gardner's storage is also reasonably pluggable...

--
tric, the new way             http://www.tric.nl         <cg at tric.nl>
Eerbeek, The Netherlands      tel +31 313 650854         fax +31 313 650967