Harvesting Process is not working

Daniel Vainsencher danielv at netvision.net.il
Fri Nov 7 12:48:49 UTC 2003

Andreas Raab <andreas.raab at gmx.de> wrote:

> having Diego's look enhancements (which use the
> TTF stuff) in there and active
Yet another call for a good idea, but still no review of the code...

> having the Squeakmap loader wide
> open to show people how much stuff is available on Squeakmap.
Duh. That is a great idea. And we should make sure to leave it in such a
state that it always updates successfully, and then it would be much
less likely that people don't see the richness of it.

> I'm sure that
> there are other places in which these bits and pieces can be show-cased and
> we really need to do this. A few sentences in the Welcome window (no matter
> how well phrased) just don't cut it.
I like Lex's competition idea. Either way, we should definitely have
someone with a flair for first impressions be much more active about
this. I think that in our role as release makers, the Guides are much
more driven by schedule quality and functional content issues, and thus
focus on them, but certainly would appreciate help with the image issues
(dual meaning intended). Someone with a different POV could make a lot
of difference.

Daniel