[ANN] Guide vacancy...

Giovanni Giorgi jj at objectsroot.com
Fri Nov 7 15:44:33 UTC 2003

Daniel Vainsencher ha scritto in data 07/11/2003 14.24:

>Hi everyone.

Hi Daniel!

>[...]
>That wasn't realistic - I come to see that at least for an adaptation
>period, I will need to give almost my full attention to this new effort.
>I believe that if I call myself a Guide, that must mean that I dedicate
>a significant effort and time to help this community find its way. I can
>no longer do this, and I prefer to reflect this clearly, so I quit.

I am working hard in these days, and my time is not so much; so I
understand you.

>It is my intention and hope that this will open the way for someone to
>enter this team in my place. As I think the Guides have always said,
>most of the initiative and innovation in the community doesn't come from
>the Guides, and isn't supposed to - it comes from all of you.[...]
Be a Guide is not simple, but I hope this will not a "definitive
Goodbye" ("Addio" in italian)
 but only a "See you later" ("Arrivederci").
This email is a little sad, but we must not  be unhappy because you are
going to do other interesting things!
And you can come back....;))

>Looking back to when I entered this role almost precisely a year ago,
>helping and mostly seeing all the progress we've made, I consider it
>time very well spent. I really like the direction we're going today.
>
>So I'll see you guys around, though not quite as frequently as I'd like
>:-)

;)