About icons for menu

diegogomezdeck at consultar.com diegogomezdeck at consultar.com
Sun Nov 9 19:12:49 UTC 2003

Hi Stef,

> Hi all
>
> I extracted all the menuIcons from the changeset of diego as gif and I
> was preparing to do a pass on them and also redesigning them. Now I
> have some questions, the size of the icons ar 16 at 14 and I found that
> strange. Would it not be better to have 16 at 16?

The icons can be of any size.  The icon and the string are drawn centered.
(see MenuItemMorph>>drawOn:)

> I was planning to use
> 256 colors as default (any comments)?

Sounds ok for me.

> Diego for now this is ok, if Morph would have a future (I'm not sure in
>  fact)

Hey, Morph IS the future!

> we could distribute the icon
> in the applications and avoid to have a central repository for icons,
> then we could also have icons of multiple sizes.

It means we need a more clever system to decide which icon use in each
moment.  The icons in the menu enhancements didn't try to go so deeper.

> Don't have you problem
>  with your icons when you use different size for the menus.

Is it a question?

> Stef

Cheers,

Diego