[MCZ] and adding related files

Colin Putney cputney at wiresong.ca
Sun Nov 9 18:33:44 UTC 2003

On Nov 9, 2003, at 12:06 AM, ducasse wrote:

> how you format is generated right now: for me I would love to have a
> visitor over classDef, instVarDef, GlobalDef....that can generate
> different format. I was thinking how we could introduce this kind of
> fileouter to replace all the mess with fileouting in the image...So
> I'm curious to knwo in MC because I still did not find the time to
> have a look.

Yup, that's exactly how it works. There are several visitor classes
that iterate over the definitions in a package to produce various file
formats: .st, .mc, .mcv, .mcz.

There are corresponding reader classes for each format as well, which
consume a stream and produce definitions. We used to do this by
evaluating chunks in a restricted environment, but it turns out to be
much better to just parse each chunk ourselves.

Colin