about package dependencies: we NEED them

ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Mon Nov 10 21:37:21 UTC 2003

Hi goran

this is bold to want to split the image and I like that but do not you
think that this is
crazy when we cannot express nor in monticello, nor in SqueakMap
dependencies.
I still do not understand how you can manage changes without that.

for my tiny turtle environment I have around 20 files changing at
different rates so I have to
keep a script up to date but this is small a small dummy project. Now I
could not imagine managing our team (even of researcher) without a
decent packaging and team working system (even if store is not always
robust and has bug, it offers dependency :)

Stef