[ANN][GOODIE] Taskbar now available on SqueakMap

shaffer-squeak at cs.westminster.edu shaffer-squeak at cs.westminster.edu
Tue Nov 11 00:20:44 UTC 2003

Aaron J Reichow writes:
 > While total screenspace is similar to mine, I've also wrote up a quickie
 > taskbar a while back, though mine more resembles the one in windows.
 > clicking "Start" opens up an open menu, same as the World menu; clicking
 > the time at the right of the bar shows the date.
 >
 > Nothing too special, but it was written in response to a challenge
 > on #squeak, a 30 demo as an arrogant display of the power of Squeak
 > to a newbie in the channel IIRC. :) I really should put it up on
 > SqueakMap, I feel like such an old dino still passing around
 > changesets and .sts.

Thanks Aaron, after getting rid of a bogus byte at the end of the file
I was able to file it in without and problem and it seems to work.  I
have an affinity to my own, however, but I can see a need to kick
these things around a bit.  I do like the profile of yours better...

As for being a dino, heck I'm new to Squeak and I still can't figure
out how to distribute things.  I maintain this WindowList package
using Monticello so the code is dispersed across several MC change
sets.  I tried loading the .mcz file directly into a fresh 3.6 image
with MCInstaller installed but it gave an exception...here's the mcz
file:
http://www.cs.westminster.edu/~shaffer/Smalltalk/WindowList-cds.15.mcz

Since I'm not sure whether or not I am supposed to be able to just
copy .mcz files around this way, I didn't pursue it further.  Maybe
Avi could chime in...?

David