[UPDATES] 19 for Squeak3.7alpha

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Thu Nov 13 19:35:31 UTC 2003

ducasse wrote:

>> One big enhancement here is Diego's new look, which will probably
>> generate some feedback. :) But it's probably best to get it in (since
>> it can become stale quickly), and make any further refinements
>> afterward.
>

> Did you harvest the new icons I designed? because if marcus does not
> approved them I cannot :)

Ah, I see now that you posted those a couple of days ago.  I haven't
looked at them yet, but making the icons all the same size and more
consistent sounds like the right approach.  I'll try to look at them
soon, although I would encourage others to review and/or harvest them
sooner if possible.

>> Speaking of going stale, here are the conflicts that I ran into. (With
>> the NewLook enh, I think Ned's FITBFocusFix changes in these 3 methods
>> may need to be reinstated, but the one method was changed too
>> drastically for me to fix.
>

> My impression is that the capture of the DNU message is not needed.
> Ned can confirm that.

Ok, it's probably fine then... I just wanted to be on the safe side.

(You had posted a NewLook-dgd.5.cs (based on 5278) and also around the
same time you posted a NewLook-dgd.cs (based on ~5424) changeset, and I
was checking them both to see which was the right one.  When I tested
for conflicts on the 5278-based version, there were the three conflicts
with Ned's more recent 5351FITBFocusFix.  The methods were still the
same in the second NewLook cs as in your first one, so I guessed that
maybe you just ignored the conflict, but it sounds like you verified
that the methods did not need to change.  So, I was probably being
overly cautious/suspicious... sorry 'bout that. :-) )

- Doug