[Newbie] GUI Development

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Thu Nov 13 19:56:40 UTC 2003

"mwgrant2001" <mwgrant2001 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Lex wrote:
> > Go to the Swiki.  Look under "Documentation" and then "Morphic".
> You
> > will find a lot of tutorials and overviews about Morphic.  If these
> seem
> > lacking, and you can think of something specific that would help,
> then
> > by all means post your request either to the page or to this mailing
> > list.  Until then, however, I feel obliged to leave you with a
> >RTFM.  I ...
>
> Bad reply here. There ain't no FM--atleast to anyone who has had
> experience with 'real' manuals as opposed to code scraps slopped up
> onto a swiki. Of course you and other heavy contributors deserve a
> more respectful response than the preceding sentence. But the person
> asking the question deserves more respect too. (Wanting to get
> promoted to the 'R' mail help listings, huh? :o))

I didn't mean any disrespect.  They asked a question and I posted where
to find answers.  We certainly do have FM's on the topic of learning to
use Morphic.

Dustin Sallings <dustin at spy.net> wrote:
> On Nov 11, 2003, at 13:21, Lex Spoon wrote:
>
> > I don't really understand why there are so many threads on the mailing
> > list saying we need more Morphic docs or more Squeak-intro docs.  There
> > are tons of them.
>
> 	Because it's that non-obvious.  Many of the tutorials show you ways to
> build etoys or script together morphic type things, but it seems that
> it's just more complicated than it should be.

I don't understand.  Looking at the page, I see that most of the
tutorials are not about EToys and the scripting system, even though some
of them are.

	"Morphic"
	http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/30

-Lex