The role of Squeak People (was: RE: [ANN] Squeak People)

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Fri Nov 14 10:39:50 UTC 2003

donald mead <dmm10 at earthlink.net> wrote:
> Wonderful work, Cees!
>
> > say that Squeak People (we need an abbreviation for
> > that... any ideas?)
>
> Squeakniks comes to mind.
>
> And here's a wish list:
> 	- automatic gleening/updating of project maintainers,... from
> SqueakMap,...

Talking to Cees about it, we will see. Perhaps no point as SqP might end
up only listing "important" projects.

> 	- provide hooks to look up Squeaknik information from project code
> 	- integrate lookup of Squeakniks from Celeste "From:" line
> 	- integrate Squeaknik lookup into IRC client

All the above will come much sooner than you think - SM2 is lined up,
honking its horn and wants to burst out of my laptop. The only thing
left is merging in a few SM1.09 things that I had forgotten about.
Anyway, since SM2 accounts now includes SqP account names (!) and also
email address etc the above three will be trivial when SM2 is deployed.

> 	- migrate individual's pages from swiki,.. to Squeaknik pages
> 	- welcome SqueakLand folks

Cees has posted to their list and invited them.

> Oh yeah, and manage my social life.  ;^)
> donald

Oh, that is also included in SM2. :)

regards, Göran