Virtual Host with Multiple IP Addresses and Squeak

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Sat Nov 15 00:05:08 UTC 2003

A while back there was a change set posted to enable this
sqSocketListenOnPortBacklogSizeInterface

Mind I don't think it got into 3.6?

The unix code (unix & os-x) got changed to support it, but I can't say
which VM actually has the support in it.
Of course you need the change set to call it which I believe was
discussed on the list Sept 1st.

On Nov 14, 2003, at 3:50 PM, Claes-Fredrik Mannby wrote:

> Is there any way in Squeak to set up a TCP socket to only listen to a
> specific port and IP address combination? Apache, for example, allows
> you to do this, and I have set aside an IP address for Squeak, so that
> I can use a regular port 80 for web content from Squeak. But, I don't
> see how the Socket primitives would allow listening on only one IP
> address.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Fred

===