Babel: next steps?

Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de
Sun Nov 16 11:10:45 UTC 2003

Hi,

So now we finally have the Babel-translation changes in the 3.7a image.

What's the next step now?

We have had a lot of people volonteering for doing translations. Most
of them are not die-hard squeak hackers. So we need to find a way to
make it *really* easy to contribute to the translation effort.

So: What would somebody need to do to contribute? we need a *good*
tutorial that describes the process step-by-step.

A second question is the Users point of view:

Where will the translations end up? Will they be added to the image or
will
people (who so not now english!) need to start the PackageLoader and
load
the translation? This is not an option. The best would be to have
Squeak start
up with the language of the Host-OS. So people wouldn't have to do
anything
to get their prefered language.

      Marcus

Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de