The biological cell (was: Erlang)

Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de
Sun Nov 16 12:38:40 UTC 2003

Am 15.11.2003 um 16:01 schrieb Alan Kay:

> seem to be enough computing power (and brain power in our heads) to
> make some of the 60s ideas (e.g. Dave Fisher's notions about control
> structures as transmuted to objects) work in a practical manner.

Does anyone have the Dave Fisher thesis as a pdf?

Our library catalog has:

  Fisher, David A.:
  Control structures for programming languages.
  Ann Arbor, Mich. : Univ. Microfilms Int., 1970. - VII, 206 S.
  Pittsburgh, Pa., Carnegie-Mellon Univ., Diss., 1970

( Univ. Microfilms has an online service: a copy deliverd to europe
costs
$37: http://wwwlib.umi.com )

    Marcus

Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de