Putting squeak in business.

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Mon Nov 17 04:58:46 UTC 2003

Alan Grimes <alangrimes at starpower.net> wrote:

> > >  (I'm not going into the appliance business...)
> > OK but what business _Are_ you going in to? It makes a big difference
> > to the advice you might need.
>
> I want to build the best PCs in the world. (ergo squeak.) ;)
Then you'll need many, many, dollars, yen or euros to even make a
serious start. There's just so many things people want to do with a
'PC' that recreating code for all of the ones they can currently buy
windows applications for is a nightmare to make the rising of Cthulu
look like a visit from the vicar.

Surely you don't really mean the above in any ordinary sense? You're
not really expecting to overthrow M$, Apple et al. on less than $10b a
year?

tim
Useful random insult:- Some drink from the fountain of knowledge, but
he just gargled.