Putting squeak in business.

Alan Grimes alangrimes at starpower.net
Mon Nov 17 08:53:38 UTC 2003

> Surely you don't really mean the above in any ordinary sense? You're
> not really expecting to overthrow M$, Apple et al. on less than $10b a
> year?

=\
I suppose there is some of that impulse in me indeed!

My actual sneaky plan was to use Windows CE as the flagship OS but also
provide as many choices as economicly feasable... So technically it will
be a "wintel" machine running an Intel X-scale processor and Windows CE
but be an entirely new animule all togeather. ;)

Since it is critical that the price-point be as low as possible, I was
hoping that the critical essentials could be provided with Squeak. =)

My own experience with squeak is that it only needs a decient
web-browser and a usable word-processor as well as a few layout fixups
to be ready for prime-time...

Maybe I need to trade in my rose colored glasses.... =P

--
Windows 3.11: Almost exactly 10 years old,
     and -400% slower than windows XP. ;)

http://users.rcn.com/alangrimes/